Our Investee Reception, held at Rough Draft Brewery last month, was one of our most rewarding events! We heard from our graduating Investees, Just In Time, Mid-City CAN and Words Alive about how their partnership with SVP improved their organizations. We must say, they are up to some pretty incredible things!
We want to thank our Partners and our Investees for working together on these accomplishments. This event was invigorating and reminds us why SVP is such as special organization. Our relationships are far reaching and it was incredible to see how interconnected this network is with the San Diego community. We are so excited to begin our new relationship with Dreams for Change!
Here are some quick stats about what our graduating Investees have accomplished during their time with SVP!
- Tripled their revenue while diversifying funding sources
- Obtained funding for two skate parks and a remodeled former YMCA building for a community recreation center
- Tripled the number of clients served
- Implemented a CRM database
- Implemented La Piana Plan successfully which created more efficient ways of measuring impact
Just in Time for Foster Youth
- Established a Quasi Endowment at Ranch Santa Fe Foundation, a “Family Forever” Planned Giving Fund at San Diego Foundation with 20 bequest pledges, and a High Capacity Investor effort that led to JIT’s first $1,000,000 grant in June 2017
- Developed and implemented definitive intended impacts for all nine JIT youth services using quantitative measures created through Project Impact, supported by a SVP/Gumpert Foundation collaboration. Through this process, JIT uncovered and fully incorporated the 4 key drivers for lasting, trans-formative change for participants.
- Assessed talent for effective recruitment and development of staff and Board using tools such as StrengthsFinder, Kolbe and Lominger Competencies, a 30-60-90 day on-boarding process, and a written development planning process that strengthened the organization to exceed strategic objectives
This is just a taste of some of the accomplishments from graduating Investees, be sure to check back for the full exit report later in the year!