Supporting Portland’s Nonprofit Organizations
Our community impact is achieved through the invaluable work of local nonprofits and community leaders supported by SVP Investor Partners. We engage with these organizations in a variety of ways.
- We partner with individual nonprofits (“Community Partners”) to make an investment of money, expertise and influence to strengthen their infrastructures and growing their Ready for Kindergarten program impacts. Learn more about becoming an SVP Community Partner.
- We match nonprofits needing to build infrastructure or programs with seasoned professionals who want to do a 1,000-hour Encore Fellowship. Learn more about hosting an Encore Fellow.
- We partner with nonprofit and community leaders who wish to collaborate and do more together than they could by acting in isolation. We invest to ensure the collaborations are effective in achieving system-level impact in the Ready for Kindergarten arena. Learn more about pursuing a collaboration investment.
Our engagements can strengthen many elements in a nonprofit’s infrastructure: leadership development, board governance, strategic planning, financial management, fund development, marketing & communications, and human resources.
In following the tenets of venture philanthropy, we strengthen operational capacity with a comprehensive investment approach:
- A multi-year plan for organizational growth
- General operating grant and expertise (Community Partner only)
- A high-engagement relationship
- An accountability-for-results process
- An exit strategy
See our current Community Partners here.