Supporting Portland’s Nonprofit Organizations.
Strengthening nonprofits is one of the ways we drive community impact. We do this by leveraging our Partnership’s resources and reputation with a nonprofit’s leadership team. Our focus is building the nonprofit’s capacity to achieve its goals by strengthening the organization’s infrastructure.
We offer two types of ‘Strengthening’ investments:
- Multi-faceted investments in nonprofits that offer solutions to our Ready for Kindergarten goal
- Focused, 1000-hour engagements of an Encore Fellow in a high priority project with impactful organizations of all stripes
Examples of the infrastructure areas in which we work include: leadership development, board governance, strategic planning, financial management, fund development, marketing & communications, and human resources.
Our engagements apply the tenets of venture philanthropy, meaning we strengthen operational capacity by investing:
- In a multi-year plan for organizational growth
- General operating grant and expertise (multi-faceted investments only)
- A high-engagement relationship
- An accountability-for-results process
- An exit strategy
See our current nonprofit partners here.