If you are thinking of running a story, please check out our media resources below.
Ann Herzog-Olson, Executive Director
952.807.7232 | email@example.com
What We Do: Social Venture Partners builds powerful relationships between people and organizations that make our world a better place. We cultivate effective philanthropists, fund and strengthen nonprofits, and invest in collaborative solutions for social challenges.
History: SVP Minnesota was founded in 2002 by a group of individuals who were passionate about supporting youth but wanted to go beyond just giving a check, they wanted a new model for philanthropy. Among those individuals were Steve Bloom, Eric Jackson, Jeff Dekko, Tim Morin, and Phil and Margie Soran. They met to think up what that new model of philanthropy would look like, learned what SVP was doing in Seattle and decided to start an SVP here in Minnesota. Read more about SVP.
Listen to Ann Herzog-Olson in an radio interview with Tony Loyd. She explains the SVP model and the impact we make on the nonprofit community!
By the Numbers
- $550, 000 in pro bono professional consulting
- 15 educational opportunities including workshops, partner events, lead partner
- 70 individual partners investing their time, talent and resources
- 30 employees from seven companies volunteering skills-based expertise
- 7 businesses involved in capacity building using the SVP model
- 6 nonprofits in acceleration mode
Since our founding in 2002:
- 55+ nonprofits funded
- $2+ million given to nonprofits in grants
- $7+ million in pro bono professional consulting