SVP is both local and global.
On the one hand, this is philanthropy rooted in your backyard. Our Partners invest money, time and skills in nonprofits that share their immediate community.
One the other hand, our Partners are part of a 2700+ global network of philanthropists, entrepreneurs, and change-makers. They share common ideals, similar struggles, and can tap into a wealth of experience and knowledge through cross-city forums and SVP’s annual conference .
There are more than 30 SVP network member organizations from Boston to Melbourne to Bangalore (and new ones are continuing to emerge). The SVP Network Office is the invisible backbone, the hub that links our member organizations and their Partners, allowing them to convene and learn from one another, while fostering new SVPs throughout the world.
SVP Melbourne welcomes visits from Partners and staff from the SVP global network! Our Partners are always eager to meet other SVP Partners and hear and learn about what other SVPs are doing. Since January 2014 we have been fortunate to meet with SVP Partners from the Encore Fellows Program and SVP Chicago and SVP Network’s CEO, Ruth Jones. We also encourage our Melbourne Partners to reach out to other SVPs in their travels. The SVP Network Office is happy to facilitate introductions.
In addition to this global network, we are also extremely fortunate to have talented community allies.
We have many to thank in our journey to get up and running since May 2013:
- King & Wood Mallesons for providing us with pro bono legal advice and setting up our legal structures;
- NGS Global for allowing us use of their corporate space for our events;
- Australia Post for sponsoring and hosting events for us;
- Leadership Victoria for sponsoring events for us; and
- the industry leaders who have presented at our events – Lance Fors, SVP International, leading philanthropist, Robert McLean AO, CEO of The Song Room, Caroline Aebersold, Chris Wilson, Director Philanthropy, JBWere, David Huggins, Andrew Maher, Founding Director of Infoexchange and Sarah Davies, CEO The Reach Foundation.