And the finalists are…
- Community Home Energy Retrofit Project (CHERP)
- CSH Speak UP! Advocates Program
- Good City Mentors
- The Korean American Coalition of Los Angeles
- Opportunity Fund LA
- Safe Place for Youth
- Vigilant Love
- The Youth Movement Against Alzheimer’s
The semi-finalists exhibiting at Fast Pitch are…
- Center for Powerful Public Schools
- Debug Politics
- Our Children LA
- Plus Me Project
- Restorative Justice Fund
- The Ulmer Institute
- Women in Non Traditional Employment Roles
- Whittier First Day
Be a part of L.A.’s most innovative and high-impact event that is truly transforming Los Angeles!!
- Buy a Ticket: On March 22nd, 2018 at the Ebell Theatre!
- Become a Sponsor: Fund and strengthen nonprofits by becoming a sponsor of Fast Pitch. Check our our current sponsors below. To become a sponsor contact: email@example.com.
- Meet Our Presenters: Get to know a little more about our Fast Pitch 2018 Cohort nonprofits who are doing great work throughout LA County!
- Volunteer: If you have event experience and want to be a part of the magical day – we could use a hand!
ABOUT FAST PITCH
“Over $40,000 in awards and the chance to tell your story to an audience of hundreds, including representatives from major foundations, corporations and the community.”
The Social Innovation Fast Pitch is a free two-month communication skills training program for nonprofits that are creating lasting social change in Greater Los Angeles. This year, it culminates in the Social Innovation Fast Pitch & Showcase on March 22, 2018 at the Wilshire Ebell Theater. The program trains nonprofit leaders to powerfully communicate their story, and connects them with leaders in the business, philanthropic, and nonprofit communities who help them achieve their goals.
Leaders from 20 organizations will be selected to participate based on the degree to which their approaches to pressing issues give them a competitive advantage to significantly increase social impact. Past participants have described the program as invaluable – resulting in greater confidence and effectiveness when presenting, increased exposure for their organization, important new relationships, and additional support from donors and volunteers.
At the final event, up to 10 finalists will make three-minute pitches to a panel of judges and an audience of approximately 600 philanthropic, business, civic, and nonprofit leaders, competing to win awards totaling over $40,000. Following the program, the audience and participants meet and connect during a showcase reception.
Past grant winners include 2nd Call, Flintridge Center, Swipes, Wolf Connection, New Earth, Young Invincibles, First Place for Youth, Gumball Foundation, Food Forward, and others.
Our 2018 Fast Pitch Sponsors:
Thank you to all of our 2018 Fast Pitch Sponsors!
Steinmetz Family Foundation
Want to support Fast Pitch?
We are looking for some of LA’s most prominent and forward-thinking corporations, foundations and individuals to support this event. Contributions will benefit 20 LA-based nonprofits who participate in this year’s program and are tax-deductible.
CONTACT: Christine Margiotta, Social Venture Partners | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 323.712.8363