In June, SVP Denver announced a second round of Investees for 2017. Six additional nonprofit organizations were chosen by SVP Denver Partners, and added to our 2017 portfolio. The following organizations have begun work with SVP Denver teams as of this summer and are well underway in bringing their organizations to the next level!
- Inside the Orchestra – a music organization that brings orchestra music to young children in the Denver Metro community to cultivate music appreciation and enhance education through engaged, personal, hands-on experience with musical instruments within the orchestra setting.
- Metro Denver Homeless Initiative (MDHI) – a private, nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide leadership in the development and coordination of regional strategies to prevent and end homelessness.
- Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute (RMMFI) – a community creating economic and social mobility through entrepreneurship.
- Second Chance Center – a community-centered organization that helps formerly incarcerated people transition to lives of success and fulfillment.
- WINGS Foundation – a nonprofit based in Denver that provides services to adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse that serve to guide them along a path of healing.
- Women’s Bean Project – a social enterprise that offers transitional employment to women in manufacturing designed to provide them with immediate income and support services related to employment, education around job readiness and life skills to help build them up to self-sufficiency
In addition to these new Investees, SVP Denver and Denver Active 2030 Children’s Foundation are both currently working with the following nonprofit organizations:
- Street Fraternity – a communal place for young men from the Denver Metro area, most of whom are former refugees, to be in community with one another, to build brotherhood, and experience personal growth.
- Mile High Workshop – an employment and job training program for people facing barriers to work through manufacturing and production of handmade goods.
- Denver Urban Scholars – an advocate nonprofit that is dedicated to helping Denver students with the greatest need graduate from high school and enter higher education with a meaningful life plan for success.
To learn more about our Investees, click here.
To learn more about the SVP Denver capacity-building investment selection process, click here.