You want to put a dent in the world, but you know you’ll only get so far on that journey alone. That’s what SVP is for.
It starts with you. We can’t define the change you’re searching for, but we will help you achieve it. We’ll connect you to the people and organizations that share your passion, and together we will amplify your impact.
How It Works
SVP Partners make a minimum, tax-deductible contribution annually. These donations are pooled to fund the local nonprofits and initiatives that SVP supports, as well as our programming and operations. These contributions are stretched further by those who volunteer their time and skills to strengthen our Investees, SVP, and the social sector at large.
Partner roles are very flexible. Some Partners simply use SVP as a way to make a highly leveraged gift, others take advantage of our education sessions and peer learning opportunities, and some roll up their sleeves and dig into volunteer projects. Learn about these opportunities and more >>
Diversifying the Partnership
At SVP we recognize that a strong network depends on diverse perspectives and contributions. That is why we offer other ways for people, private foundations and companies to engage with SVP:
- Partner: Contributes a minimum of $5,000 annually. Can participate in all SVP activities including Investee engagements and SVP committees and educational events. We encourage all Partners to make a contribution at a personally significant level. Two members of the same household can join as a Partner Unit under the minimum contribution level.
- Rising Philanthropist: Individual 40 years of age or younger who contributes a minimum of $2,500 annually. Can participate in all SVP activities.
- Nonprofit Partner: Staff members of nonprofit organizations. Contribute a minimum of $2,500 annually. Can participate in all SVP activities.
- Corporate Partner: Businesses, foundations or other entities can reward current or retiring employees with the opportunity to become a Partner and give back to their community by providing the $5,000 annual contribution for an employee or other individuals to become Partners.
- Investor: Supports SVP financially from the sidelines, but leverages their philanthropic impact through Social Venture Partners.
- Fellow – By invitation only. No financial commitment, but minimum of 50 volunteer hours to SVP engagements is required. Can participate in all SVP activities.
If you are interested in becoming a SVP-CT Partner, please contact Marjorie Almansi, Director of Development and Engagement, or simply sign up online! We encourage you to meet some of our current Partners, hear about their experience, and learn more about SVP Connecticut’s impact.