More network than organization, SVP is about people.
And these people are involved at every level of our work. SVP Partners serve on our:
- Application Review Team — evaluating initial letters of interest from prospective Investees at the onset of the Investment cycle
- Investment Team (I-Team) — vetting the nonprofits seeking our funding and support
- Fast Pitch Coach Team — coaching the Fast Pitch presenters on their four-minute presentations for our bigBANG! showcase on social innovation
- bigBANG! Planning Team — overseeing site and speaker selection, registration and other event logistics, and marketing matters
- Education Team (E-Team) — selecting meaningful education topics and ensuring first-rate events for all participants
- Board of Directors — guiding and overseeing our strategic direction
- Advisory Teams (A-Teams) — brainstorming about central issues challenging our Investees
- Alumni Team — engaging in outreach with alumni; planning alumni reunions
- Strategic Planning Team — evaluating strategic challenges and developments
- Ad Hoc Teams — asking hard questions and refining our efforts when necessary (e.g. Financial Model Review, Network Branding, Funds Management, Marketing)
Each of these groups connects Partners with people who share their passion while shaping and contributing to the collective impact of SVP. You can read more about each group here.
If you’re interested in joining any of these groups, or would like to learn more, please contact Hilary Sparks-Roberts.