SVP is looking for nonprofits that want to try a different kind of funding relationship.
These groups are willing to hang out some dirty laundry, and don’t shy away from the messiness of collaboration. Most of all, they’re ready to take their vital work to the next level.
What We Bring to the Table
- Three years of general operating support (up to $20k per year). We know you’re best positioned to decide where the grant money should be invested, so we won’t ask how it’s spent.
- Tools to assess your organizational capacity – aka the strength of all those behind the scenes systems: human resources, financial management, communications, board governance, etc.
- Skilled volunteers who will help build your organization’s capacity in the areas that are keeping you from reaching your full potential.
- A commitment to working in partnership. We get that there’s a power dynamic in funding relationships. We will do our best to mitigate that. We will invite your honest feedback, own up to our mistakes, and strive to find a path that works for everyone involved.
What We’ll Ask of You
- A willingness to take a hard look at what’s holding your organization back, and to share those weaknesses openly. Once the cards are on the table, we can get to work – together.
- Flexibility and openness to working with volunteers who have busy schedules and varied professional backgrounds.
- A commitment to calling us out when something’s not working for you. That may be uncomfortable, but our best results come from honest relationships.
- An annual work plan and progress report that outlines the capacity building areas you are focused on, how they relate to your mission, and what you have achieved at the end of each year.
We’re not going to lie. We ask a lot of our Investees, but they will say that it’s worth every ounce of effort.
Our investment cycle starts in the Summer. Please stay tuned for information on our 2018/2019 Investment Cycle.