SVP Chicago’s funding model combines financial investment with organizational capacity building support to help nonprofits scale for greater impact. Our investees receive up to three years of general operating support ($25,000/year) plus our partners leverage their expertise, time and connections on behalf of our investees to help them deliver on their missions more effectively. That’s what makes SVP Chicago different from other funders.
Please click the link below for a complete list of our criteria. Key considerations are:
- Social impact nonprofits whose work helps to break the cycle of poverty in the Chicagoland area (Cook County must be included in the service area)
- Organizations with strong leadership that are at an inflection point
- Budget greater than $250,000 but less than $7,500,000
- Experienced executive director and at least two full-time equivalent members of the leadership team
- Community-based and grassroots organizations are encouraged to apply. Please note that schools, foundations, solely religious organizations, and governmental entities will not be considered for this investment cycle.
LOIs for our 2018-19 investment cycle are due by 5 pm CST on 8/13/18. Use this link to learn more about our criteria and to apply: http://investeeapply.svpchicago.org/
Next steps: Organizations that intend to submit an LOI are required to participate in a briefing call with our Investment Committee co-chairs. There are three options:
- July 31, 2018 from 9-10 am CST; or
- August 2, 2018 from 12:30 – 1:30 pm CST
- August 8, 2018, from 12-1 pm CST
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred day and she will provide additional details.
August 13, 2018; 5 pm CST: LOIs due
November 2, 1018: RFPs due
October 10 – November 15: Program visits and board due diligence
December 12, 2018: Semi-finalist presentations
January 2019: Site visits
Mid-February 2019: Final selection