SVP is looking for nonprofits interested in a strategic funding relationship.
These groups are ready to take their work to the next level, and they welcome involvement from value-added funders willing to roll up their sleeves and work alongside them. SVP provides:
- Three years of general operating support (up to $75,000). We provide hard-to-come-by funds for general operating support that are necessary for growth.
- Tools to assess your organizational capacity. We have tools to help our investees evaluate their organizational capacity building needs, from strategic planning to board governance to human resources.
- Skilled volunteers. Our Partners help our investees scale their impact by building their organizational capacity.
- A commitment to working in partnership. We believe in collaboration and trusted relationships.
Our six-month investment cycle starts in the summer, when we select our area of focus. We ask for letters of interest from nonprofits that work in our focus area. We then request a full proposal from a small number of those nonprofits. We ask our semi-finalist nonprofits to make a short presentation to our partnership. The final phase of our due diligence involves full site visits by a team of our Investment Committee partners to our finalist nonprofits, culminating in our choice of an investee.
Learn more about how SVP Chicago works with investees: SVP Chicago Investee Orientation Presentation
LOIs for our 2018-19 investment cycle are due by 5 pm CST on 8/13/18. Use this link to learn more about our criteria and to apply: http://investeeapply.svpchicago.org/
Next steps: Organizations that intend to submit an LOI are required to participate in a briefing call with our Investment Committee co-chairs. There are two options:
- July 31, 2018 from 9-10 am CST; or
- August 2, 2018 from 12:30 – 1:30 pm CST
- August 8, 2018 from 12-1 pm CST