Social Venture Partners is a philanthropic organization passionately attacking the issue of social and economic inequality in Charlotte through venture philanthropy.
How Do We Do This?
- has Partners (members) who contribute $5,000, 2,500, or $1,000 per year to create a $350,000 fund. These Partners are connected to nonprofits based on their specific interests and skills, allowing them to work with these organizations in a deep and meaningful way.
- provides unrestricted, multi-year investments to approximately seven nonprofits per year with the goal of strengthening their organizations and impact in the community. These nonprofits receive an SVP grant (approximately $25,000/year for three years), but as importantly, they receive expertise and acumen from our Partner group.
- identifies, supports, and connects the community to issues and entrepreneurs in the Charlotte region through SEED20, SVP’s annual program to promote social innovation.
- helps Partners become more strategic and effective donors by providing educational opportunities through exposure to and engagement with community leaders and issues.
Join us! SVP will connect you to people who share your passion, engage you in transformative community work that feeds your soul, and help you take your impact to the next level.
Quick links to impact!
- Deep, committed investments into local nonprofits or Investees.
- SEED20, an annual pitch competition for Charlotte-area social nonprofits.
- The Explore, Educate and Engage, or E3 Committee, consists of SVP Partners and exists to explore current issue areas in the Charlotte community, educate the Partnership as part of SVP’s mission to always be learning to become smarter philanthropists, and engage Partners in calls to action.