Social Venture Partners is a philanthropic organization passionately attacking the issue of social and economic inequality in Charlotte through venture philanthropy.
How Do We Do This? We Go Beyond Philanthropy.
SVP is committed to doing more than giving away money. Locally and globally, SVP amplifies impact in three distinct ways:
- Connecting and engaging individuals, helping them make the greatest impact with their philanthropic giving.
- Funding and strengthening nonprofits and their vital community work.
- Investing in collaborative solutions so those individuals and organizations working for and toward common causes and goals can align their efforts and go further together.
In Charlotte, SVP embodies these global commitments through
- Deep, committed investments into local nonprofits or Investees.
- SEED20, an annual pitch competition for Charlotte-area social nonprofits.
- Issue Committees, small to medium-sized groups of SVP Partners that conduct deep research on focused areas of Charlotte’s community landscape.