Social Venture Partners is a philanthropic organization passionately attacking the issue of social and economic inequality in Charlotte through venture philanthropy.
How Do We Do This? We Go Beyond Philanthropy.
SVP is committed to doing more than giving away money. Locally and globally, SVP amplifies impact in three distinct ways:
- Connecting and engaging individuals, helping them make the greatest impact with their philanthropic giving.
- Funding and strengthening nonprofits and their vital community work.
- Investing in collaborative solutions so those individuals and organizations working for and toward common causes and goals can align their efforts and go further together.
In Charlotte, SVP embodies these global commitments through
- Deep, committed investments into local nonprofits or Investees.
- SEED20, an annual pitch competition for Charlotte-area social nonprofits.
- The Explore, Educate and Engage, or E3 Committee, consists of SVP Partners and exists to explore current issue areas in the Charlotte community, educate the Partnership as part of SVP’s mission to always be learning to become smarter philanthropists, and engage Partners in calls to action.