Is your organization looking for a different kind of funding relationship? Social Venture Partners (SVP) Calgary is pleased to announce the call for Letters of Interest for our 2016/17 investment cycle.
This process closed March 19, 2017 and applications are currently being reviewed. Applicants moving on to the next round will be notified no later than March 30, 2017.
SVP Calgary invests in registered charities that serve the Calgary community. SVP Calgary funds on an annual basis, however we have typically seek to create three to five year relationships with our Investees. Annual grants have generally ranged in the size of $10,000 to $25,000/year. SVP Calgary invests in organizations NOT programs.
SVP Calgary’s funding is unrestricted and our Partners provide their time and skills to assist our Investee organizations have greater impact. We are social sector investors. Examples of the areas that SVP Partners provide their time and skill include; mission, vision, strategy and planning, board governance and development, human resources, legal affairs, information technology, marketing and technology, financial management and leadership development.
Below are the minimum guidelines that an organization must meet in order to complete a letter of interest for a SVP Calgary grant:
- Must be a registered charity with Canada Revenue Agency charitable status;
- Majority of programing (greater than 90%) serves the local, Calgary area;
- Annual budget of $150,000 to $750,000;
- A minimum of 1 full time employee (or equivalent in part time employees);
- A Board of Directors; and
- Executive Director has time to build a relationship with SVP Calgary and has a willingness to be open about what is working and what is not in their organization. From this, the SVP Calgary Partnership can help with 2-3 capacity building projects/year and help our Investee get to their next level of impact.
PLEASE NOTE: Organizations whose Letters of Interest are selected to move on to full proposal stage, MUST attend the ‘Meet SVP Calgary’ night on April 4th, 2017 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. The organizations Executive Director and one Board member (preferably Board Chair) must be in attendance. At this meeting, SVP will describe our unique funding model in more detail, discuss our successful investments and answer questions from potential Investees.
The application process is now closed. Successful applicants moving on to the next round of the process will be notified no later than March 30, 2017.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact Lindsay Read at firstname.lastname@example.org