Is your organization looking for a different kind of funding relationship? Social Venture Partners (SVP) Calgary is pleased to announce the call for Expressions of Interest for our 2018 investment cycle. Specifically, SVP Calgary is looking for registered charities who provide services or programs benefitting children and youth.
SVP Calgary invests in registered charities that serve the Calgary community. SVP Calgary funds on an annual basis, however we typically seek to create three to five year partnerships with our Investees. Annual grants have generally ranged in the size of $10,000 to $25,000/year. SVP Calgary invests in organizations NOT programs. Since 2000 we have provided over $2.2. million in funding to over 20 local, non-profit organizations. Investees include Connections Counselling, Calgary Youth Justice Society, Autism Aspergers Friendship Society (AAFS), Calgary Bridge Foundation For Youth, Calgary Reads, One World Child Development Centre, Two Wheel View, Brown Bagging for Kids, CanLearn Society and Dare to Care Bully Prevention.
SVP Calgary’s funding is unrestricted and our members (who we refer to as Partners) provide their time and skills to assist our Investee organizations have greater impact. We are social sector investors. SVP Calgary is looking for organizations to partner with, not simply fund. Examples of the areas that SVP Partners provide their time and skill include: strategy and planning, board governance and development, human resources, legal affairs, information technology, marketing and communications, financial management and leadership development.
Below are the minimum guidelines that an organization must meet in order to complete an Expression of Interest for a SVP Calgary grant:
- Must be a registered charity with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) charitable status;
- Majority of programming (greater than 90%) serves the local Calgary area;
- Annual budget of $150,000 to $750,000;
- A minimum of 1 full time employee (or equivalent in part time employees);
- A Board of Directors; and
- Executive Director has time to build a relationship with SVP Calgary and has a willingness to be open about what is working and what is not in their organization. From this, the SVP Calgary Partnership can help with 2-3 capacity building projects/year and help our Investee get to their next level of impact.
NOTE: Organizations whose Expressions of Interest are selected to move on to full proposal stage, MUST attend the meet SVP Calgary night on March 26th, 2018 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The organization’s Executive Director and one Board member (preferably Board Chair) must be in attendance. At this meeting, SVP will describe our unique funding model in more detail, discuss our successful investments and answer questions from potential Investees.
Please click on the link below to complete your Expression of Interest. Deadline to apply is Sunday, March 4th at 10:00 p.m. MDT.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact Lindsay Read at email@example.com