Local nonprofits regularly ask SVP Boulder County to provide consulting on projects outside of our multi-year investments in the Catapult program; and as our programming expanded, we also heard some confusion over what each program provides. To address these needs, we’re excited to announce the launch of SVP Resource Teams! These teams of SVP Partners tackle short-term projects tailored to your specific needs.
Each SVP Resource Team offers consulting support or services within a specific capacity (see below). Nonprofits desiring short-term assistance on projects complete a simple submission form explaining the current challenge and pay a low, sliding-scale fee. SVP selects projects that fit within our team’s capacity. This service is available to any Boulder County nonprofit. Full Resource Team details and submission forms will be available in October.
To streamline nonprofits’ SVP experience, we’re transitioning the Execs Evolve, Pivot Points and Boards with Brains programs into the Resource Team format. While we no longer offer Boards with Brains as community workshops, nonprofits desiring board governance education for their board members can apply to the Board Governance Resource Team.
Sample Resource Team Consulting Projects
- Board governance – train full Boards of Directors on Board roles and responsibilities.
- Board governance – assist Boards of Directors in developing a new recruitment and on-boarding process with supporting materials.
- Change management – work with Board and staff to align on how to implement major organizational shifts.
- Change management – help with succession planning for Board and staff leadership.
- Coaching advising and mentoring – one-on-one coaching for a nonprofit leader on two job-related goals.
- Organizational assessment – assist in “taking the temperature” of nonprofit organizations, and ensuring alignment on priorities before going into a strategic planning process.
*We’ll be adding more Resource Team capacity areas, such as social enterprise, over the coming year!
Want to learn more? Get in touch with Spencer Downing.