SVP Boulder County believes strong nonprofits deliver better results. For our nonprofits to be wildly successful, we believe strong leaders help create adept organizations.
Our Boards with Brains professional development series was designed with that in mind. We have a variety of nonprofit leadership topics and levels to help attendees identify which sessions suit them best.
Find the 2018 Boards with Brains roster below. Click through to each session’s unique Eventbrite page to find out what will be covered and sign up to attend:
- Fundraising 101: “Fundraising 101 for Boards & Staff Who Love Them” with Ann Goldman & Leslie Allen, on Friday February 16 2018 @ 10-12pm. Details at https://bwb2018fundraising101.eventbrite.com
- Finance 101: “Show Me the Money” with Walt Pounds, on Friday April 13 2018 @ 9-11am. Details at https://bwb2018finance101.eventbrite.com
- Fundraising 201: “Face2Face: How to Ask for the Big Gift” with Ann Goldman & Leslie Allen, on Thursday August 30 2018 @ 9-12am. Details at https://bwb2018fundraising201.eventbrite.com
- Intro to Nonprofits: “Intro to Nonprofits for New or Prospective Board Members” with Nia Wassink, on Friday September 21 @ 9-11am. Details at https://bwb2018nonprofits101.eventbrite.com
- Succession Planning 101 with Kara Penn, on October 12 2018 @ 11-1pm. Details at https://bwb2018successionplanning101.eventbrite.com
- Fundraising 202: “Supporting Your Fundraising Staff” with Ann Goldman & Leslie Allen, on Thursday November 8 2018 @ 10-12pm. Details at https://bwb2018fundraising202.eventbrite.com
- Marketing 101: “Spreading the Word – Smart Marketing and Communications Tactics to Achieve Your Mission” with Tony George, on Thursday December 6 2018 @ 10-12pm. Details at https://bwb2018marketing101.eventbrite.com
Boards with Brains is designed primarily for Board members. However, if you are a nonprofit staff member or are interested in joining a Board you may find our sessions relevant to your work, and you are welcome to attend as well. We invite you to join in teams to help build alignment around leadership best practices within your organization.
Sessions are a below-market $40 each, and our transferable, 8-punch series passes offer further discounts, reducing the per-session cost to between $15-$30 each depending on organizational budget. Each training also includes a limited number of scholarship slots for direct service nonprofits with a $1.5m or less budget (get in touch for details).
We design this series to help move the needle in response to input from the Boulder County nonprofit community. SVP charges for Boards with Brains, but the cost is significantly reduced from the regional range of between $75-250 for comparable two-hour trainings. Hosting each session costs SVP over $100/attendee but we choose to offer the series at a reduced rate to make more accessible what so often is an elusive need.
Sign up to get invites delivered directly to your inbox using the Connect with SVP widget on the left side of this page, and email Mary Swanson for help purchasing an 8-punch pass or details on scholarships. Curious to hear more? Read about past sessions on our blog, or click here for a PDF of the year’s schedule to print.