SVP Boulder County believes strong nonprofits deliver better results. For our nonprofits to be wildly successful, we believe strong leaders – both staff and board – help create adept organizations.
Our Boards with Brains professional development series was designed with that in mind. We’ve got a variety of nonprofit leadership topics, as well as ‘tracks’ and levels to help attendees identify which sessions suit them best.
Find the 2017 Boards with Brains roster below. Click through to each session’s unique Eventbrite page to find out what’ll be covered and get signed up to attend:
- Evaluation 101: “Ten Tips for Effective Evaluation of Almost Anything” with Londell Jackson, on Friday January 20 2017 @ 11:00-1:00pm. Details at https://bwb2017evaluation101.eventbrite.com
- Fundraising 101: “Fundraising 101 for Boards & Staff Who Love Them” with Ann Goldman & Leslie Allen, on Thursday February 16 2017 @ 8:30-10:30am. Details at https://bwb2017fundraising101morning.eventbrite.com
- Advocacy 101: “Nonprofit Advocacy: Moving Towards Collective Action” with Rebecca Gorrell, on Thursday March 16 2017 @ 11:00-1:00pm. Details at https://bwb2016advocacy101.eventbrite.com
- Fiscal Health 101: “Understanding Financial Statements” with David Gross, on Thursday April 20 2017 @ 8:30-10:30am. Details at https://bwb2017fiscalhealthapril.eventbrite.com
- Fundraising 101: “Fundraising 101 for Boards & Staff Who Love Them” with Ann Goldman & Leslie Allen, on Thursday May 11 2017 @ 5:30-7:30pm. Details at https://bwb2017fundraising101evening.eventbrite.com
- Governance 101: “Bottom-Line Boards: Serving On & Thriving In Your Board Role” with Caryn Capriccioso, on Thursday June 22 2017 @ 8:30-10:30am. Details at https://bwb2017bottom-lineboards.eventbrite.com
- Fiscal Health 101: “Sharing Financial Information that Matters to Your Board” with Mark Holdt, on Friday August 11 2016 @ 8:30-10:30am. Details here https://bwb2017fiscalhealthaugust.eventbrite.com
- Fundraising 201: “Face2Face: How to Ask for the Big Gift” with Ann Goldman & Leslie Allen, on Friday September 15 2017 @ 8:30-10:30am. Details at https://bwb2017fundraising201.eventbrite.com
- Governance 101: “Get on Board: Voyage to Powerful Board Governance” with Nikki McCord, on Saturday October 7 2017 @ 10-noon. Details at https://bwb2017governance101saturday.eventbrite.com
- Leadership 201: “Turning the Table on Tension: Addressing Board Conflicts in Mission Productive Ways” with Kara Penn, on Friday November 3 2017 @ 11:00-1:00pm. Details at https://bwb2017conflict.eventbrite.com
Boards with Brains sessions are open to everyone; if you find the topic relevant, you’re welcome to attend. Boards with Brains sessions are designed for nonprofit Board and staff leaders, and we invite you to join in teams to help build alignment around leadership best practices within your organization.
Sessions are a below-market $40 each, and our transferable, 8-punch series passes offer further discounts, reducing the per-session cost to between $15-$30 each depending on organizational budget. Each training also includes a limited number of scholarship slots for direct service nonprofits with a $1.5m or less budget (get in touch for details).
We design this series to help move the needle in response to input from the Boulder County nonprofit community. SVP charges for Boards with Brains, but the cost is significantly reduced from the regional range of between $75-250 for comparable two hour trainings. Hosting each session costs SVP over $100/attendee but we choose to offer the series at a reduced rate to make more accessible what so often is an elusive need.
Sign up to get invites delivered directly to your inbox using the Connect with SVP widget on the left side of this page, and email Olga for help purchasing an 8-punch pass or details on scholarships. Curious to hear more? Read about past sessions on our blog, or click here for a PDF of the year’s schedule to print.