Whether staff or board, strong leaders help create adept organizations. With that idea in mind, we design Boards with Brains for any member of our community who’s seeking to fortify their personal toolkit around nonprofit governance.
Each year we host high-quality trainers on a variety of topics that have included alliances/collaboration, running effective meetings, succession planning, outreach and more. New this year, in response to evaluation feedback, we’re offering an evening and weekend session of two of our most popular sessions (governance fundamentals and fundraising).
We’ve kept registration fees affordable (a below-market $40), and encourage individuals or organizations to get a $10 discount on each registration by purchasing a transferable, 8-punch pass. Direct service nonprofits with a budget of $1.5m or less are also eligible for scholarships; just get in touch to apply.
See below for a full list of all 2017 sessions, including links for complete session details and registration, and click here for a printable PDF of the year’s schedule to hand out at your next board meeting.
Hope to see you at a session soon!
- Evaluation 101: “Ten Tips for Effective Evaluation of Almost Anything” with Londell Jackson, on Friday January 20 2017 @ 11:00-1:00pm. Details at https://bwb2017evaluation101.eventbrite.com
- Fundraising 101: “Fundraising 101 for Boards & Staff Who Love Them” with Ann Goldman & Leslie Allen, on Thursday February 16 2017 @ 8:30-10:30am. Details at https://bwb2017fundraising101morning.eventbrite.com
- Advocacy 101: “Nonprofit Advocacy: Moving Towards Collective Action” with Rebecca Gorrell, on Thursday March 16 2017 @ 11:00-1:00pm. Details at https://bwb2016advocacy101.eventbrite.com
- Fiscal Health 101: “Understanding Financial Statements” with David Gross, on Thursday April 20 2017 @ 8:30-10:30am. Details at https://bwb2017fiscalhealthapril.eventbrite.com
- Fundraising 101: “Fundraising 101 for Boards & Staff Who Love Them” with Ann Goldman & Leslie Allen, on Thursday May 11 2017 @ 5:30-7:30pm. Details at https://bwb2017fundraising101evening.eventbrite.com
- Governance 101: “Bottom-Line Boards: Serving On & Thriving In Your Board Role” with Caryn Capriccioso, on Thursday June 22 2017 @ 8:30-10:30am. Details at https://bwb2017bottom-lineboards.eventbrite.com
- Fiscal Health 101: “Sharing Financial Information that Matters to Your Board” with Mark Holdt, on Friday August 11 2016 @ 8:30-10:30am. Details here https://bwb2017fiscalhealthaugust.eventbrite.com
- Fundraising 201: “Face2Face: How to Ask for the Big Gift” with Ann Goldman & Leslie Allen, on Friday September 15 2017 @ 8:30-10:30am. Details at https://bwb2017fundraising201.eventbrite.com
- Governance 101: “Get on Board: Voyage to Powerful Board Governance” with Nikki McCord, on Saturday October 7 2017 @ 10-noon. Details at https://bwb2017governance101saturday.eventbrite.com
- Leadership 201: “Turning the Table on Tension: Addressing Board Conflicts in Mission Productive Ways” with Kara Penn, on Friday November 3 2017 @ 11:00-1:00pm. Details at https://bwb2017conflict.eventbrite.com