SVP is looking for a part-time Membership Director to join our small, but growing, team. Find the complete job description here.
The Membership Director is responsible for facilitating a high-quality, engaged and impactful experience for our Partners (members) and contributing to financial sustainability for the organization. The position is classified as hourly, part-time at 16 hours per week and is supervised by the Executive Director. Compensation is commensurate with similar positions and benefits include paid time off, flexible hours, holidays, and transportation support.
The Membership Director will be responsible for membership development, volunteer engagement, and relationship building while also facilitating meaningful financial contributions from members. Perfect for the individual who loves to build high-quality relationships, help others realize their philanthropic potential, and cares passionately about building a stronger local nonprofit community.
The successful candidate will have:
- Five to seven years progressive experience in major/ individual/planned giving, membership services, and/or volunteer management. Organizational development experience a plus.
- Must be energetic, positive, polished, persuasive, and personable.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with people and understand their core motivations and needs.
- Solid record of achieving revenue goals, especially when working across groups and teams of paid professionals and/or volunteers.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to SVP’s mission.
Please send cover letter, résumé and a list of three references to email@example.com by February 25, 2015 with the subject line: Membership Director. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. SVP is an equal opportunity employer, an independent 501(c)3, and a member of the global SVP Network of 34 organizations.