SVP is currently looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant to join our small, but growing, team.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical services to both programs and operations in order to further the mission of SVP. The position is classified as Exempt, Regular Part-time at 24 hour per week and is supervised by the Executive Director.
Social Venture Partners Boulder County, Inc. (SVP) believes strong nonprofits deliver better results. So we go beyond traditional philanthropy, working side-by-side with givers, nonprofits, and cross-sector leadership to strengthen people and organizations. SVP envisions all people in Boulder County working together to solve community problems creatively and effectively. To make a deep and sustainable positive impact on our Boulder County community, SVP values engaging and learning, leveraging and strengthening, connecting and collaborating, inclusivity and respect, and taking risks and growing. These values are considered during hiring.
The successful candidate will have:
- An undergraduate degree and two years or more experience in a professional environment,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and superb organizational skills,
- The ability to work four or five days a week with occasional morning or evening events,
- Ability to respond quickly when necessary and to work in a fast-paced environment,
- Computer proficiency and confidence with Microsoft and Google software,
- A unique perspective to share that will strengthen SVP’s work,
- A willingness to work collaboratively and grow as part of a team of partners and constituents from diverse backgrounds,
- Confidence in working with highly successful individuals and major donors, and
- A demonstrated passion for bettering Boulder County
The successful candidate will work 24 hours/week at a pay scale of $18,000 to $19,200 and will receive benefits to include 401k retirement contribution, salary consideration for personal maintenance of health care insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and transportation support.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for supporting SVP programs (such as nonprofit investment decision-making, member development, educational workshops, mentoring programs) and operations. These responsibilities will include such activities as:
- Conducting research on best practices,
- Making meeting arrangements and setting up event logistics,
- Maintaining an intranet site and distributing materials,
- Managing Eventbrite registration systems,
- Collecting and documenting information,
- Maintaining relationships with vendors and other stakeholders,
- Ensuring the organization’s proper adherence to local, state, and federal requirements;
- Maintaining Salesforce database;
- Supporting bookkeeping functions;
- Ensuring operation of equipment and maintaining supplies inventory;
- Fielding telephone calls and general email inquiries; and
- Completing other duties, as assigned.
Please send cover letter, résumé and a list of three references to email@example.com by October 17, 2014. No phone calls, please. Cover letter should speak to your interest in SVP and at least one opportunity you see for the organization. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. SVP is an equal opportunity employer, an independent 501(c)3, and a member of the global SVP Network of 34 organizations. Learn more about SVP on our website, and read the full job description here.